The role of "Design" has shifted. While once an afterthought or a nice-to-have, design is now a necessity at every stage of business. Design methods are being applied to uncover new opportunities, identify unmet customer needs, improve efficiency, and drive both top- and bottom-line growth. As design is woven more tightly into the fabric of business, every organization needs a champion to shape the strategy, deliver on its promise and evangelize its benefits.
For more than 10 years, I've worked to apply technology to big problems. From building a design practice at a global agency, to boot-strapping my own startup, to leading a product team, I have created products that delight users, meet technical requirements and deliver on business objectives. In each role, I've passionately advocated the value that design can deliver.
My experience is both broad and deep, and includes:
- User Research: journey mapping, persona development, in-person interviews, card sorting, sketching sessions, Design Sprints.
- Strategy: business requirements gathering and definition, translating user needs and research insights into measurable outcomes, implementing best practices, project management.
- Execution: user flows, data modeling & information architecture, interaction design, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and front-end development.
- Leadership: 15 direct reports, $2.5M revenue responsibility, team performance, individual performance management, mentoring, staffing, and pipeline management.
- Evangelization: Storytelling, brand development, teaching, internal training, external thought leadership.
To any challenge I take on, I bring a data-driven approach focused on delivering measurable results, an open mind, insatiable curiosity, an unyielding entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and servant leadership. If you're looking for someone with these qualities to lead a kickass team doing work that matters, I would love to discuss how we might work together.